Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Dreamer

Take a seat, dear child;
Come sit next to me.
Let me tell you of my dreams
And all that I could be.

I know you think my life has passed,
For I am now so old.
But just like you, my heart still beats,
Though I feel it getting cold.

Perhaps this is why the urgency
For what I have to say.
So, no, my friend, it cannot wait
Until another day.

It’s oft been said, “Dream!”
Let your mind’s eye soar!
Anything is possible;
Just keep dreaming ever more!

Truly words to live by
To inspire one’s own soul.
For life is not worth living
If you haven’t got a goal.

A word of caution, I tell you;
Let me make this very clear.
Lean close, dear child, so my voice
May not fall upon deaf ears.

I tell you I’m still dreaming
Of things that just can’t be.
For even a dream could never change
A lost opportunity.

I still fret about my past
And the things I’d rearrange.
Even with all the dreaming in the world,
My life’s outcome will not change.

Now, one more thing I must tell you;
Another word of advice.
So this thing of hope and virtue
Becometh not one’s vice.

Never get lost in dreaming,
Never lose sight of what’s real.
Not everything you want will be,
And your hope your dreams may steal.

Now, I tell you, dear child, the secret
For all of your dreams to come true:
Be not only a dreamer,
But also a doer too!


By Aaron Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment